LABOR DAY CELEBRATION 2022
First Labor Day parade in New York’s Union Square in 1882.
“American labor has raised the nation’s standard of living and contributed to the greatest production the world has ever known and the labor movement has brought us closer to the realization of our traditional ideals of economic and political democracy. It is appropriate, therefore, that the nation pays tribute on Labor Day to the creator of so much of the nation’s strength, freedom, and leadership – the American worker”.
- On September 5, 1882, the country held its first Labor Day celebration in NYC.
- On June 28, 1894, President Grover Cleveland signed legislation passed by Congress proclaiming Labor Day a national holiday to be honored on the first Monday of September.
- The Congress of Industrial Organizations and the American Federation of Labor were opposing groups. Regarding how to organize labor, each group had a distinct approach. They decided to unite in 1884 to form the American Federation of Labor, which would go on to become the world’s first significant trade union federation.
- The present eight-hour workday was created by the Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA), which was passed by congress in 1937.
- The FLSA established paid holidays for federal employees in 1938.
Celebrate Labor Day! - Celebrate with Our Offers!
Offer Note: Few Offers running already and a Few Offers will be in effect on or before Labor day – So Celebrate This Labor Day Weekend with offers!!.