Keto Stuffed Chicken Breast, sounds crazy? Try this Christmas.
When looking for something easy, chicken is always a good option, but it can also be fancy.
With this delectable (and simple) keto stuffed chicken breast recipe, you can show off your culinary skills. Our Ketogenic pesto recipe enhances the flavor of this dish and is sure to impressive, try this Christmas.
Keto stuffed Chicken Breast recipe
For the pesto:
- 1/3 cup (80 ml) olive oil,
- 1.5 cups (50 g) basil leaves
- 2 Tablespoons of pinenuts (16 g) (or walnuts)
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1/2 lemon zest and juice
- Dash of salt and pepper
For the stuffed chicken breast:
- 1/2 head of cauliflower (approx. 300 g), broken into florets
- 2 Tablespoons (30 ml) Keto Pesto (see recipe above)
- 2 chicken breasts (approx. 200 g each)
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Pinch of cayenne pepper
- 1 Tablespoon (10 g) garlic powder
- 3 Tablespoons (45 ml) coconut oil, to cook with.
Stuffing a Chicken Breast:
Pounding is also known as tenderizing the meat, and it is a terrific technique to relieve stress! If you pound the chicken enough, it will become thin enough to pour your pesto (or other stuffing mixture) on and roll up the flattened chicken breast.
Pounding is the ideal method for stuffing chicken breasts because it evens out the meat, resulting in smooth cooking. To tenderize your beef, follow these steps:
1. Cover the chicken with plastic wrap and place it on a chopping board.
2. Pound them forcefully and evenly with a meat mallet until they reach the desired thickness.
3. Stuff the breast with the stuffing and roll it up.
What if you don’t have a meat mallet? Don’t be concerned! Many other kitchen products will suffice. Use a rolling pin, a skillet, or even a can of tomatoes.
How to make Pesto?
1. Blend all of the pesto ingredients in a blender until smooth.
2. Although just two teaspoons are required for this stuffed chicken breast recipe, the pesto will keep in the fridge for up to three days.
For the filled chicken breast, follow these steps:
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit / 180 degrees Celsius.
2. In a steamer or microwave, steam the cauliflower florets (in a bowl of water). Allow the cauliflower to simmer before adding it to a blender or food processor with 2 Tablespoons of Keto pesto. Place aside.
3. Combine the salt, pepper, cayenne pepper, and garlic powder in a small bowl. Each chicken breast should be rubbed with the mixture.
4. Make a deep cut onto each chicken breast side to create an aperture for stuffing.
5. In a heated skillet, heat the coconut oil and cook the chicken on both sides until slightly browned.
6. Place the chicken on a clean surface. They will still be rather raw on the inside, so keep your utensils and work surface in mind.
When the chicken is cool enough to handle, ladle the creamy Keto-pesto mixture into each chicken breast pocket, then place on an oiled rimmed baking tray and bake for an additional 20 minutes, or until the chicken breast is thoroughly cooked.
Enjoy this delicious Keto stuffed chicken breast this Christmas, or New Year!.
Net Carbs: 4 g
- Calories: 721
- Sugar: 4 g
- Fat: 55 g
- Carbohydrates: 8 g
- Fiber: 4 g
- Protein: 50 g
*All nutritional information is approximate and based on per-serving levels.